View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 07:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongman View Post
My symptoms progressed pretty quickly. I would guess within 3 months I was generalized and got my first positive blood panel. In my case the Prednisone caused more problems than helped. My double vision continued for 11 months. I went 11 months without driving. I am now on my 9th month of Imuran and have had 4 series of IVIG treatments. On the 4th series of IVIG my vision has improved to about 80% and I'm able to drive. I still have a little double vision looking down and to my far left. My neuro has stopped the IVIG treatments to see if the Imuran is kicking in or the IVIG gave me the improvement. As for the strength or energy level nothing has helped that. My current problem is weight loss. I am down to 145 pounds. My gastro wants me to have my gall bladder removed but I am a little afraid to be put under.
Mike
Just make sure you inform the Doctors and anesthesiologist that you have mg. I recently had a shunt put in my ear. I informed them that I have mg so they did not use muscle relaxers during the surgery. After that I just slept for a day or two which I would think would be normal anyway after surgery. Which sleep is good for mg lol. If anything talk to your neuro and see what they say and if they have concerns about you having your gall bladder removed. I hope everything works out.
koilover512 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote