View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 03:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default mind off pain

That is a trick I have learned to do. I do several different things to keep my mind focused. One is to play an online game with others. A couple of my boys will meet me in game, or I will meet others I have met in game, and we will go on adventures in this large toon type world.

The game I play is Star Wars Galaxies. It is a massive game, with actually 2 games in one. The main game consists of several planets, each with it's own creatures and personality. If you seen any star wars movies you would recognize the names. Tattoine, Endor, Naboo, and of course the new one Mustafar, and several more. Then there is the space game with a different area of space to adventure in for each planet. Fun to take on Darth Vader and the death star.

In the game you can build cities, and invite all of your friends to put houses in them, and also decorate these cities as well as inside the houses. A lot of the items used in the game are made by the players, so there is endless things to do.

When I just cant take that anymore, then it is working on website designs. I love the creative process. Once everything is done though it gets a bit boring, so that is when I start tweaking everything in the site lol. Adding pictures, graphics, music and anything else I can mess with lol. Besides the 2 sites in my sig I have a "My Space". This one is real fun, and can be hours of enjoyment tweaking stuff. Plus helping all my friends in that have my space accounts tweak their sites.

I wish I could just do it for hours on end, but my body just wont let me get away with that. But I have learned that the more focused I become on what I am doing, the pain takes a back seat for a while. It doesnt go away by any means, but it is not as prominent.

Maybe we should start a thread on what everyone does to distract from the pain.

I did put a link on my webpage to the My space page. From there you will find some more pictures, blogs and even some RSD groups to check out. I just loaded a picture of me and my pony, and the song El Paso to play in the background lol.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote