View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mine was diagnosed when I noticed my eyelid drooping (only able to "diagnose" it with a Mestinon trial, as none of the tests came back positive).

However, my neuro said that most people have symptoms for YEARS before they get bad enough for them to see a doctor, and even then it can be several more years of ruling other things out before MG is diagnosed.

When I started looking back, I realized that all of the things that I had attributed to age, weight, or sheer laziness were probably early signs of MG.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I was going through some old pictures, and realized that my eyelid has been drooping for at least 10-15 years, but it was so slight as to not be recognizable as much of anything.

It's possible that what seems like sudden and severe MG may just be the culmination of many years of seemingly unrelated symptoms that were chalked up to something else entirely. I could be wrong.....

I'm just glad that I got my diagnosis when I did, as I was starting to think that I was really out of shape, and needed to start an exercise program! Now, I don't feel as bad telling people that I am too tired to do something.

I also know to pay attention to my body, and not ignore the signs that it is giving me that I am doing too much and I need to slow down. I hate the disease and wish that I didn't have it, but at least I KNOW that I have it, and I don't feel guilty for not being able to do things that I would have thought I should have been able to do had I not known that I have MG.
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KatG11 (08-14-2011)