View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I agree Sally, the taper I had the 2nd time I had IVSM was to make coming off of the IVSM easier, and wasnt for the actual attack.

First time I had IVSM was for double vision. No taper with that. The crash afterwards was pretty nasty. I was sick (weak, really tired. Throwing up the first 2 or 3 days) for a couple of weeks after that.

Last year, I did IVSM because I had a flare that made me feel like I was having problems moving my right leg. I begged for the taper afterwards. I still felt tired and a little sick feeling on the taper, but I wasnt barfing sick from the crash like I was with the crash that I had after my first experience with IVSM. I felt like the taper helped the transition from having 3 grams of IVSM (1 gram a day for 3 days)

The taper made things easier and there was less barfing. (dont think I threw up while on the taper. Might have felt a bit queasy tho. Oral pred tastes nasty and does a number on the stomach)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-14-2011), SallyC (08-14-2011)