View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 06:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Thank you all! Very helpful information.

Gabriella, you are right, it doesn't make sense asking my Neurologist about this, but I had to start there so he knows that I don't feel good if I take what he sees as average doses of Mestinon.

Alice, thanks for the confirmation. It is always best to trust ourselves and I do know Mestinon is causing something to go out of balance, even if it is more complicated that just the Mestinon. Higher doses of Mestinon seem to make me less stable similar to what you described but not quite as severe I think. At lower doses, just enough to keep the worst symptoms from effecting me, seems to work better, even though I am still weak, at least I don't have so many ups and downs. Thank you for the links, much of it makes sense, the Mestinon can effect our bodies in other ways...I do think Mestinon has thrown off my insulin balance or something related to it.

Suddenly, thanks for sharing your blood results. I haven't had my blood tested for a while now, and it is time. Make sure you get this checked out, as Annie said.

Abby, I have often wondered if I have thyroid problems and every time I look up the symptoms I decide that it doesn't fit me at all, but you never know. I will keep it in mind, it is possible.

Annie, those are great websites! Easy to understand. You did bring up an important point, allergies. I don't seem to be allergic to Mestinon, none of the usual symptoms, but maybe that is what this reaction is. I do have so many food allergies that I've been trying to work on, changing my diet. Maybe my change of diet is aggrivating the Mestinon effect somehow.

I was thinking that as I eliminate foods I am most allergic to, I am finding that my reaction to them when I do eat those foods is worse than ever. Doctors in the past have told me that since I don't have severe allergies that I should go ahead and eat these foods and that my body may get used to them, and my body has to some degree, my reaction has gotten less over the years. Maybe by eliminating foods I am allergic to, my body is coming to some sort of new chemical balance and that is what I am feeling, makes sense about the histamine effect (don't ask me to explain it, but it made sense when I was reading these websites posted by Annie and Allice, I need to read them again).

I think I'll go to the doctor, get some tests run just to make sure there is nothing serious wrong, and then wait this out, see if my body settles down as I eliminate foods I am allergic to.

As a side note, I've experienced days without itchy skin! I had gotten so used to itchy skin that I usually forget I am experiencing it...and to go so many years, almost 40 now, with itchy skin and to suddenly start eliminating the source of itchy skin, that must have some effect on body chemistry.

I do think there is something going on besides MG and a side effect from Mestinon...I think it is my allergies. Thanks for bringing up allergies Annie, I hadn't connected allergies with these symptoms, but now I am starting to see how all these symtoms are absolutely interrelated...allergies, MG, blood-sugar, insulin, acetylcholine, histamines...I am starting to see it....time to read those articles again, it takes a lot of mental work to put it all together.

Heat Intolerant, I think that is a great idea. I do believe in food-as-medicine, as long as one is cautious. I'm going to look into this food in more detail, and of course go get some blood tests to see if I even have blood-sugar problems first.

Thank you!

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote