View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 06:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi bhnlh,

I will admit that tumors can trigger seizures for some people but the main things that will trigger seizures for a person is stress and lack of sleep along with hormonal changes. I have had friends and family that have had brain tumors and sometimes they have had seizures and there have been other times when they don't have a single seizure at all much of it depends on the area of the brain where the tumor is. If I may ask has your husband had bad headaches, felt tired much of the time or had a hard time staying focused on things? These are all signs of a brain tumor. If your husband has been having migraine headaches this can also lead to seizures for a person. I will be 49 next month and this is what triggered my seizures first I started having migraine headaches and they turned into absence seizures. Tell your husband to cut back on the caffeine, starch foods, and carbs this should help his seizures reduce. I'm on the ketogenic diet which is much like the atkins diet and it helps build ketones in a persons system and reduces the seizures. Go on line and check out www.neurologynow. this is a great website to learn about tumors and other neurology disorders. Here's wishing you and your husband the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote