Old 08-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Phill View Post
Hi everyone.

I have been a long-term sufferer from GAD and it eventually lead to an alcohol dependence and then frank alcoholism. Two and a half years ago, I started high-dose Baclofen with miraculous effects. My anxiety, alcohol cravings and often severe limb spasticity have gone.

My interest here is to promote the concept that many 'behavioural' problems (such as GAD, OCD and other conditions) are in fact genuine 'proper' physical medical diseases which require genuine pharmaceutical and allied therapies.

There is a developing sea change in the understanding of these copnditions; which one day will not be considered 'psychiatric' but 'psychoneurological'. Our abnormal neurology (neurotransmitter problems in the Amygdala amongst other areas) causes us to seek a readily available, cheap, legal anxiolytic - ie alcohol. Our abnormal neurology manifests as abnormal behaviour, rather than the physical manifestations associated with most other abnormal neurological states.

Wow, what an interesting post you wrote. I just wanted to welcome you to Neurotalk. You have certainly educated me tonight.

Hope you are having a good day. Take care

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote