View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Hi Cathie, Thanks for your reply, no I haven't been posting too much lately, with this crazy heat wave I've been having severe headaches, neck pain from my scalene/scapular muscles being so tight and bulging and the radiculopathy is driving me nuts (typing increases this symptom). Taking little naps help, I'm just looking for some relief and would love a good nites sleep lol. As well my Dr changed my pain meds and I am still adjusting. I'm sorry you are still having a difficult time with pain, but do get the CT scan as it will show if you have fused or if there are spurs or if another disc herniated. I had an MRI around 8 months after surgery and it showed the ostoephytes at C4/5 and C5/6 and C3/4 has herniated and further deteriation at C7. Cathie keep your chin up don't allow depression to set in, I always find something postive or a silver lining in my day, going for a walk, feeling the hot sun and sweating lol, looking at my pretty flowers in the garden and watching the birds frolic in my bird bath, visiting with my grand babies. I am learning that my neck issues are what they are and when I can no longer take it then I will seek out Shamisa and go from there.

Take care,
Bunz
Hi Bunz,

Just checking back to see how you are feeling now? It's been a few weeks since I've been on the Cymbalta that I was telling you about, and I found that it has helped a great deal with the depression I was feeling from all the chronic pain. It hasn't helped very much with the nerve / neck pain unfortunately, but at least I"m back to my cheery self again.

Still waiting for my MRI appt., you understand how long our waiting lists are in our area, so I still don't have any other answers yet on my neck, arm, hands and fingers. We sure have a slow healthcare system, huh? :P

Hope you are feeling a bit better with our cooler weather, the last couple of days have been chilly at night, hopefully that gives you some relief from headaches.

Take care and keep in touch when you can,
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote