View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyyy View Post
norahs,

thanks for the reply!
How long have you been using Neurontin?? you never got back your sense of taste?? can you smell?? Im freaked out you know.
I have been today marks the 4th day on it and I dont see improvement. I have no idea what is wrong with me. I made an appt with another Neurologist but to see him i have to wait till the 18th of Sept! IMAGINE!!! oufffffff!

Anyway, I hope someone else also joins this conversation to see if I can get help from.
I have been on neurotin since last November. I noticed the loss of taste immediately. I am not as aware of it anymore but that could simply be because of have gotten used to it. My doctor looked up "all" the possible side effects and that is one of the really rare ones. I decided to put up with it because it really helped with the pain.

If I were you I would call the doctor back that prescribed the medication and have him change you to something else. Everything will come with it's own side effects so you probably will have to decide what you can live with in order to relieve the pain but I would not wait until your visit with your new doctor. That is too long to be completely freaked out.

I hope you get some help soon.
norahs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote