View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Reasonable question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
It appears to me that this is a great undertaking and worthy effort. However I do have a question or two. Once you gather enough knowledge, information and the sharing of collective experience, how do you get the medical community to take you serious and even acknowledge this effort? Is there really anything new being brought to the table here? I mean something significant enough to change the medical community's collective mind and change direction?

Please understand, I am not trying to be disruptive or negative in anyway. Just a honest question. In medical research and development of better drugs and treatments there has to be something significant enough to cause a change of direction.
GregD, I definitely see your point and you raise a very reasonable question and I will try to answer you. The site was launched less than a week ago and we already received a lot of attention from both pwp and the scientific community. To be perfectly honest, it helps to have a person aboard who is a Parkinson's neuroscientist AND has PD himself (Jon Stamford) . I am not saying it will be easy to get acceptance and acknowledgement from the scientific community, but that is no reason for not trying and I think we have a fair chance. However, the three of us will never be able to do it on our own, we need all of you to bring your voices to the table!

Please contact us using the contact form on the site if you have questions, comments or suggestions!

Sara
SaraRiggare is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote