View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, you guys!

You really gave me some good suggestions! Yoy know, I was thinking about asking if he could be allowed to leave the facility for a brief trip out. I had even thought about taking him out yesterday for awhile because my sister and husband were visiting. Then he had his 'meltdown' day on Friday, and was still hearing voices yesterday morning urging him to hurt himself. Thank goodness those episodes lasted only for a brief period, and then he sort of 'snapped out of it'. He actually called yesterday while my sister and her DH were here, and I put him on speakerphone so he could say hello to everyone. I could tel the minute I heard his voice that he was doing much better, and his conversations reflected his much improved mood! It rained cats and doge yesterday, all day, practically, and there were flood warnings all over the state, and it was still pouring this morning. DH had said that I didn't need to go yesterday due to the horrible weather, so, instead, he was able to call me several times.

I do have an important question, though. I believe I told you that about ten days ago, the social worker told me that if we changed his status to 'involuntary' from voluntary, he would get a bed faster at the new facility they are trying to get him into...Well, I received a letter from the County Government, alerting me to a 'COMMITMENT HEARING' this Friday, or maybe Thursday (if he is transferred). What are those hearings like? He wouldn't be in attendance, would he? Any light you can shed on this process would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I've got to go and ready to go visit hubby again; I'll let you know how things are going. Cross your fingers, say a prayer, whatever your 'thing' is -- would be greatly appreciated.

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-15-2011), Dmom3005 (08-15-2011)