View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default thank you

G'morning everyone,
I'm glad to see my post was taken in the way it was meant, to help. I have had many insurance companies and your almost always going to get that "denied" on the first try, that's when you appeal, and when I use the above mentioned info. I use the top part ( make shift template) then the bottom part:

Therapeutic Intravenous Infusions"
96365 - first hour
96366-*each additional hour.

1. USA DIAGNOSTIC CODES:
ICD-9 codes:
337.21 - Reflex sympathetic dystrophy of the upper limb
337.22 - Reflex sympathetic dystrophy of the lower limb
337.20 - Reflex sympathetic dystrophy NOS ( my doctor uses this for full body)
2. USA "PLACE OF SERVICE" CODE:
Surgery Facility: ___________________
___________________ ( address)
___________________ ( phone #)

3. Dr. _______________: ______________________ insert your doctor’s license number here.

Then I give the middle portion to them letting them ( insurance company) know I am serious and I will fight them all the way to a hearing if necessary, it has never gone that far, as I am usually approved.

I've had BCBS, Today's Option and Desert Canyon approve my infusions, those are the 3 off the top of my head. I really believe it's in the wording when you appeal ( just as Sandy has mentioned).

They are going to deny everyone the first time, that's just how insurance companies are but you appeal that decision, it will tell you on the denial letter how to take those steps. Insurance companies know that most won't appeal their decision or even bother to read the paperwork, this is where you get them. Once you appeal, someone other than the person with the big "denied" stamp in her hand who is stamp happy ( okay, maybe I exaggerated a little bit on the stamp lady ) but someone other than her will review your case, sometimes a group will look them over. Just don't give up, winning is possible.

One other thing, I would really read over that form that a doctor makes his patient sign about insurance and the infusion being paid, feel free to private message me if I can be of some help. I'm not sure why the doctor wouldn't help you get it covered, maybe I read it wrong, if not, please message me and I'll see if I can help, if you would like

We all stand together in this fight, every day more and more is being covered by insurance companies, because we are refusing to be denied treatments that work. I will help anyone who needs it, and then the next time you can help the next one who needs it, and so on.

My father is an Army man with quite the mouth, and my mother keeps telling me " you sure are your father's daughter" and I take that as the greatest compliment ever.

I'm here for you all as I know you all are here for me
Dee