View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart

Ah yes, I remember oh so well, Mark. You were hit pretty hard. I recall checking on here every day to see if you'd logged on. Finally the day came when you did.
Even those with the greatest of faith can find themselves at the bottom of this dark abyss. Several great men of the Bible faced this uphill battle, even to the point of thinking that God had forsaken them.
But, alas, you are here to tell the tale, and I am ever grateful that you talk so openly about this.

Most people with chronic pain issues deal with depression. It's a circle of madness. The depression feeds into the pain and vice versa.

This may seem a bit off the wall, but you'd be amazed to know how much an underactive thyroid can contribute to something like this. If you haven't had your thyroid checked (simple blood test), I'd highly recommend it.
I was diagnosed with hyPOthyroid and did some research, only to find out that if our thyroid is underactive, it can lead to alot of symptoms, both physically and mentally. The thyroid is like the body's 'throttle', and if it isn't running up to par it slows down our entire system. Being fatigued is one of the biggest symptoms, depression closely behind.
Once diagnosed and prescribed the proper dose of medication (ex: Synthroid, the synthetic, or 'Armour' the natural) a noticable difference will be made. .....anyway blah blah diddle dee dee This sure was a revelation to me and things really started turning around.
I think we've hit on this subject before and if memory serves me, you said you did have yours checked. Sometimes it takes some prodding to get a Dr to dig into this deeper, but it may sure be worth it.

Something's gonna give, Saffy. Please don't think that this issue isn't worth bringing up to your doc. It has EVERYthing to do with it!

I completely understand what you are feeling right now. It seems no one around us has a clue, but it is a HUGE issue. And once you can get your ship turned around, you'll see that the future is indeed rather bright...

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (08-15-2011), hurting (08-24-2011), Mark56 (08-15-2011), Sophie_ (08-23-2011)