View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 08:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dawn, my surgeon mentoned to me prior to my TOS (mine is bilateral also) surgery on the RIGHT side that I had RSD also. He didn't take precautions and do blocks prior to the surgery - just went ahead and did it. Had I researched RSD ahead of time, I either would not have had the surgery, or would have demanded he do blocks when he did the surgery to stop the spread.

Also, when the RSD spread, my PT doc wanted to do a block...but my surgeon said it was 'too soon after surgery to mess with that area...' and he wanted to wait 8 weeks for that area to heal. My PT doc didnt think that was a great idea, but said since he was under the direction of the surgeon, he had to do what the surgeon said.

It was too late for me by then.

I say you need to do it, hon. I haven't had any blocks. I wish I'd have had it done.

I still have TOS on my left side, as I haven't had the surgery there. And still ahve symptoms of the TOS on my right, perhaps scar tissue is forming. But as far as that block...I really truly think you need to go thru with it. After TOS surgery, the block is sure to be a walk in the park

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote