View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim00 View Post
Sorry, but the procedure has been developed by: Lusine Danielyan and an International Team of Researchers from University Hospital of Tübingen, University of Göttingen Medical School, and University of Tubingen (Stuttgart, Germany, HealthPartners Research Foundation, St. Paul, MN , and Germany University in Cairo, Egypt, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, Institute of Molecular Biology NAS RA, Yerevan, Armenia, and University Hospital Geneva, Switzerland.

Look here: http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs.../rej.2010.1130

Hopefully come soon along to this: http://www.pnas.org/content/108/25/10343

Bye.
Thanks for the reply, but your first link speaks only to ..."Rat Model" of pd, and your 2d link only speaks to "conversion" of cells to "other mature cells". The work that I am referencing "was" actually being performed on humans as a "stem cell treatment" for pd. X-Cell, a Germany company, had already developed an intra-nasal delivery system for one's own stem-cells (taken from one's own bone marrow). The "nasal-spray" was said to pass thru the BBB, thus delivering the stem cells directly to the brain. Now, it appears that the company has entered "insolvency", apparently due to a "change in German law". I wrote this post to inquire if anyone here has info as to exactly what led to this change in German law. I searched the net for any details, but found none. I only hope that the patients who actually received the treatment are OK. If anyone learns of any details on this, please let us know...Ron Hutton? Thanks.

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote