View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCarGal View Post
Remember, Blue, the conversation about whether parents choose children &/or children choose parents? Related to that, buddhists (& the Navajos, who are very like buddhists though why I don't know) believe that between incarnations we choose our next lives, with appropriate strengths & weaknesses, in order to give ourselves the opportunity to grow stronger & nearer perfection than we ever could in our previous lives. Subsequent lives must be increasingly difficult.
Dear Car Girl,
You've talked about this in another post here.

My tdoc had me read about Edgar Cayce and how we choose our family and friends in order to work out something that we did not work out the last time. I guess they have chosen us too.
I remember reading about how we are supposed to do better this time than we did last time -- other wise we see them again in challenging circumstances.

Quote:
Subsequent lives must be increasingly difficult.
EWW! I don't remember this part. I thought that each time we meet someone we might work on a different aspect with them and that each time things can get better for us.

You probably know more about this than I do. I haven't read much accept the book I mentioned above and some literature passed out at a few Buddhist meetings.

When someone bugs me I sometimes try to be mindful that I want my time with them to be good so that the two of us have made some progress. I can't do this all the time. Sometimes, I work on not making things worse between us.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-16-2011), BlueCarGal (08-16-2011), BlueMajo (08-16-2011), Dmom3005 (08-16-2011)