View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Alice. This is one of the best written gems of wisdom I have ever read. I have been following this board for about 2 years and have never posted but your words mean a lot to me. I notice you wrote this at 3:22 AM. It's 4:35 AM here and I am up getting medicated so that I'll have a couple of mestion doses in me by the time I go to IVIG. Instead of complaining about waking up every day at 4 I choose to look at it as my own special "me time" where I can have a private cup of coffee and do whatever I want to do with no outside or family distractons. Heaven knows the day is busy enough. I've had this disease 40 years and I've been through most trreatments and all of the psychological baggage you spoke about. I lived your words and have had a very good life - I'm still waiting for the remission from the thymectomy 40 years ago - oh well, some things are worth waiting for. I also WAS in the medical profession and had to alter my career path at a young age due to the MG. If I hadn't been "gifted" with MG I would never have found the other talents deep inside of me that needed developing. Please follow Alice's advice to anyone who reads this!!!
robocar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alice md (08-18-2011), DesertFlower (08-16-2011), Marin826 (08-17-2011), pingpongman (08-16-2011), suev (08-16-2011)