View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I would get the real stuff and bake it into treats. Prune/fig bars or things that are NON constipation makers for treats. Dont do cheesy stuff or the like. Make sure you use a fat when you mix the batter. you MUST have a melted fat like butter to allow the THC to break down in the batch.

Add magnesium and a stool softener to your diet. Colace is expensive, but its generic counterpart can be had for pennies on the dollar with a bit of senna in it. I take Phillips milk of mag tablets. 2 per day and its wonderful! if I am really backed up I go up to 4 (which is a normal dose to make you go)

Drink water! I cannot stress enough that we are dry dry dry and all of the meds we take steal water from us. We need much more water than we are getting.

You DONT have to live this way, nor do you have to choose betwwn a medicine that makes so much difference and being able to poop.

There are things like Miralax, but my body is tempermental and I really have a hard time getting the balance right. One day I go like a champ and the next its all fudgie and the next I sometimes dont make it to the potty before the event. So, I stay away from that one.

Diet! this is huge. Put a ton more fruit in your diet. Dont worry about fiber, just worry about juicy wonderful fruits. They have a calming effect on the normal levels of inflammation that occurs in our tummies (btw, the lining of our intestine mimics that of our brains, so when we attack mylin, we can mistakenly attack the lining of the tummy which makes it grumpy. If your tummy isnt getting the nerve signal to empty then it sits, and becomes chunks of cement. Of if you can go everyday, but your intestine steals all the water, it can be so dry its painful.

My intestine is one of those ravaged by MS. I do several interventions to keep things on an even keel, and I keep experimenting to make it better.

I hope you feel better.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Catch (08-22-2011), dmplaura (08-16-2011), SallyC (08-16-2011)