View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi everyone,

I have tried Sharon Butler's program, but I got into a lot of pain even with the slightest stretch. My problem was I couldn't stretch at all, not even a gentle stretch.

I highly recommend Peter Edgelow's protocol. Its a very gentle approach and his technique helps relieve the Neuro vascular entrapment with a lot of breathing exercises mostly lying down and walking for Cardio. Self management for Trigger point pain relief and first rib mobilization with the help of a pinkie ball on stick. I have to mention here that the breathing exercises are also meant to mobilize the rib over a period of time. Breathing is that powerful, I have experienced it myself.

I have been under his care for about 4 to 5 months since I developed scar tissue after a scalenectomy in Feb 2010.
I see him twice a month and I have been greatly improved. I am also taking Gabapentin (neurontin) 3 times a day. His Therapy and the Gabapentin together has worked wonders for me.
He is in Hayward California. He also has a CD and a DVD. You can buy his program. For those of you in America, he may have a trained therapist in your area.
I personally think he is amazing. He is also writing four chapters of a text book on Thoracic outlet syndrome that is going to be published in September.
I don't need any manual therapy or machines anymore. You do need a good chunk of time everyday to follow his protocol in the beginning, ( the reason why I haven't been on the forum in a long time)

Good luck finding the right treatment that works for you. Hope you feel better soon.

stos2

Last edited by stos2; 08-16-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Needed to add more info to help the members
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (08-16-2011)