View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mommyjen! Thanks for your post. In my humble opinion, I think because so many RSDers have ben told that the RSD is "all in their head" and psych problems are the CAUSE of the RSD, that they "balk" when anything having to do with "psychoherapy" is suggested.

So, If I misunderstood your intentions, I too, apologize.

It is my understanding that there is a HUGE differnce between getting "shrinked", as opposed to seeing a psychologist for PAIN MANAGEMENT, and learning different ways to COPE with pain.

As far as the diagnosis of RSD goes--I sort of see your point--for me, I don't particularly care what the disease of RSD ic called, as long as I can get TREATMENT for it. However, there are a LOT of ignorant, mis-informed, and downright ARROGANT doctors out there when it comes to RSD. And, there are a LOT of INSURANCE "Doctors" out there whose ONLY GOAL is to save the Insurance Carriers MONEY--whether it be treatment costs or compensation for permanent disability, or BOTH. Either way, patients are NOT being diagnosed or being provided TREATMENT for RSD. Patients who are not being diagnosed properly are SUFFERING NEEDLESSLY, and their RSD perhaps advancing to a stage where there will be complications and treatment will be even MORE difficult.

So, I too will "stick to my guns" when it comes to supporting someone, like Katelynn, whose Doc is an obvious "pindick"!

That being said, that is AWESOME that you have found ways for your kids to have "rough and tumble time", and to be KIDS! It sounds like you have a pretty good support system around you, which has also enabled you to develope yuor interest with antiques, and earn some money with it as well!

Unfortunately, there are many people who don't have a good support system. Or ANY support system. For those people, I hope they find HOPE and resources on this Forum, so they can start to rebuild their lives again, in SPITE of RSD.

There are a LOT of "creative" people on this Forum, who have shared ways that they have found to distract themselves from the pain, or other interests and activites that are "do-able", given their individual impairments.

Hey Allentgamer! That is a great idea to start a "pain distraction" thread!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Mommyjen!

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote