View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, a lot of good information here. I have been on Topamax for about 5 months and well, I have not lost any weight (which saddens me greatly) but it does seem to have some sort of affect on my stomach, nothing major or unmanagable. It usually passes after a couple hrs. HOWEVER, the other day I was with my nieces/nephews @ a park & it was hot, we kept drinking these frozen lemonade drinks they were selling.....well for the next 2 days I thought I was going to go to the hospital. I had such intense pain in my lower right abdominal area. I am not used to drinking things with sugar, I drink sugar free or diet.

I did also have a period where I had to lower my dose from 150 mg 2x a day to 100 mg 2x a day..I broke out with these weird red bumps in certain spots on my body, mostly places where we have joint creases...I itched 24/7, but even then I did not want to stop the medicine. I learned that CRPS/RSD sometimes causes migraines for people and I am one of them. Since being on Topamax, i have not had one!!!

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote