View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Problems with "new" silicone breast implants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Hi, I have been asking questions all over this site about the saftey of breast implants. Has anyone had problems with the new silicone implants. These were put on the market in Nov. 2006 saying that they are a cohesive type gel that won't run out if ruptured. The Platnium level contained in the implant is in the zero oxidation state. They say toxicology testing has indicated that the the silicone material used in Mentor implants does not cause toxic reactions when large amounts are administered to test animals. Poor animals. I hate animal testing. I need to know if these new implants are any better than the old ones. I don't want to get implants if there is any truth that they cause problems. Too many people are telling me how great they are. I know people w/ implants and none of them seem sick. Then I read about people on this forum and they say their "old style" implants caused all their problems.
Hi....I have had the new type since 2007, I had breast cancer on my right side and opted to have double mastectomy since I have a large family history of cancer. My right one started changing in 2010, last week my surgeon removed the failed one, it was getting larger, harder and MRI indicated it was leaking. He put another one in. Went for my check up on Monday at his office, informed me that I have Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma which is a Non Hodgkin Lymphoma which is so rare in the breast that its about a 3 out of 10+million odd of having. It is malignant cancer just not Breast Cancer. Please read what the FDA is saying about this they posted a warning that this cancer could be related to gel or saline implants, women with implants no matter if for reconstruction or augumentation are at a higher risk. These things are coming out ASAP. I did have some problems with being sick after the implants were put in, but I was not going to blame everything on them. Please reconsider doing this, also know that 65% of implants that leak are silent, meaing you will not realize it unless you have problems, or have a MRI.
ALCL Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote