View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawn600 View Post
So, after all this for 8 months now on Topamax, I go through with a nightmarish colonoscopy today with an anesthesiologist who couldn't bother to hit me with a little versed or fentanyl before pushing profonol which I'm super sensitive.
I was wide awake for over two minutes as he was pushing the profonol and I'm lying there crying, trying tonuse my guided imagery till I finally gave up, sat up, screaming my head off, grabbed the anesthesiologist and cursed my head off while he kept pushing the profonol. Finally collapsed on the table again and then sat right back up crying and screaming again until I finally dropped for good. Now, I'm only a 125 lbs and 5'7", it shouldn't be that hard to get me out. I then came out after, crying and with stomach pain and a migraine. Apparently pain isn't treated in an endoscopy suite. FYI, bring your own meds.

Anyway, all of this to find out there's absolutely nothing wrong with my stomach that the Dr can see but he does believe something is causing a lot of pain, just doesn't know what.

So I guess I'm back to square 1 with tapering off the Topomax which leaves me with no nerve med.

I really do hope this helps someone else if they get these symptoms. Don't be as stubborn as me. Avoid 3 trips to the hospital and a whole lot of pain and find a new med but if it works for you, congratulations.
Dawn,

Truly sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I hope you are feeling better today. Try and just rest today. I hope you feel better.

gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote