View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 06:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tiffani,

Welcome to the forum! Darlene is 100% correct start taking vitamin B12 and see an Epileptologist. When you are having the seizures before you go to sleep and get up in the morning these are called Myoclonic seizures. I had them for awhile and they were a pain them my Epileptologist put me on the drug vimpat and I haven't had a single one since then. Lack of sleep and stress are 2 of the main things that can trigger seizures for a person. Another thing that can trigger seizures is hormonal changes each month. That was the time I had the most seizures. When you can tell you are going to have a seizure this is an aura seizure like Darlene mentioned and sometimes people call it a simple partial seizure. The moment you get the feeling you are going to have a aura seizure tighten up the muscles in your body and make you hands into tight fists for a few seconds this can often stop the seizure. My Dr. told me to do this back in the 1970's when I first began to have seizures and it has worked great. You might have a sleep disorder like sleep apnea that is triggering seizures. Tell your Dr. to do a sleep study on you. Also have your Dr. do a DNA test on you to find out what seizure medication will work the best for you with the least side effects. I had a DNA test done a few yrs. ago and they found out I was drug resistant so I'm on a special diet that cuts down my seizures called the ketogenic diet. The diet is high in fat but low in carbs and starch foods. I build up ketones in my system and this in turn reduces the seizures. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-24-2011)