View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up A GLASS NAIL FILE is a little less painful!!! yay

Kathy: Exactly!!! The things that are just normal everyday life. Yesterday I was walking by the bathroom, and my dad was clipping his nails, and I go I'm jealous!!! He never even thought that clipping or filing my nails would be painful. I said YES, but thank goodness that cutting my hair is not painful!!! I tried that to file them after I took a bath, and it actually was worse because they were soft and just were so limp they kept tearing I actually put lidocain mix cream on all of my fingertips and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes to kind of relieve the pain a little and it actually did help a little. The best thing was I took a oxycodone and as soon as it kicked it I busted out my nailfile and nailpolish!!! Nailpolish makes me happy to look at my fingers all pretty!

Daniella: My big toes and little toes on my feet are really thick, but the middle toes are really thin and brittle. Also, I found out that a GLASS nail file is the BEST THING to file you nails with. WAY less painful than a regular one. Super excited about that. I found it in the back of my drawer and it actually is way smoother, and doesn't pull the nail back and forth as much as a regular file is.

Finz: That sounds good in theory: But the thought of having somebody else touch my feet or hands especially with tools, makes me want to cry and cringe at just the thought. because its so close to your skin we can judge how close we get to the skin, but they just go and put WAY WAY more pressure on your feet and hands then just doing it yourself! Thanks for the idea! I tried it and nooooo bueno! The band-aid idea- I have someone pull all mine off because I cant. I dont have it in me to do that. But filing nails was just-- :'(

Also, for the glass nail file Sephora carries one that is really good. Also a beauty supply store. Just make sure its not a cheap 5 dollar one. I got mine for 80 percent off because the store was closing but the original price was like 25 or 20 dollars, but totally worth it once using it! It is WAY less painful than the paper or foam filer. Check it out! The Sephora one is 8 dollars and is a good one. Also, if it happens to break while filing they will exhange it! They are great about that. They have it on Amazon here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/SEPHORA-COLLEC.../dp/B001U3QLJ0

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12207

Hope this helps and the glass nail file works for you guys like it did me.

Hannah
hannah1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-18-2011)