Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweidn View Post
Hi folks.
I am Type 2 diagnosed about a year ago. Am diet controlled, my HBA1C readings were 7.2 on diagnosis and 6.6 six months later. The reason i am posting is that i've started to test my blood daily. Mine is an unusual case apparently as while my blood glucose is considered to be well controlled i have had facial nerve damage/facial pain for the last two years and am seeing neurologists. It looks like diabetes is considered to be the likely culprit. Anyway this is the second day of testing my blood and the readings are generally ok except in the mornings when my readings have been 9.2 and 8.1. Last night i tried exercise in the evening and to make my last meal protien based but still a high reading. Is this normal?
Hi. My name is Melody and I'm type 2 also.

From what you are describing it just might be neuropathy. It's a complication from diabetes. Many people get it in their feet. I was diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy years ago (I don't know if this is what you have, ask the doctor if he thinks it is).

Anyway, as soon as I saw the symptoms which are burning, tingling, etc, I began a regimen of Methyl b-12 and I take it every morning.

I go to Puritan's Pride and get their great deals. I use the Methyl b-12 5000 sublingual.

Why not google Methyl b-12 and nerve damage. Then ask your doctor.

Many doctors don't go for vitamins and supplements. But in fact, Methyl B-12 has helped MANY diabetics.

I wish you well on your journey in managing your diabetes.

I myself am a sprouter. I sprout broccoli and fenugreek (also wonderful for diabetes). Began doing this over 2 years ago.

Lost weight, feel good, and my diabetes is controlled.

Best thing I ever did.

So all the best.

Melody

Forgot to mention that often, when one awakes and takes their Blood Sugar levels, it's high because of a thing called Dawn Phenomenon. Look it up on Google. You'll be amazed.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote