View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tiffani,

I hope all goes well for you at the Dr. I personally would get a 2nd opinion if your Dr. doesn't feel you are having sz. In regards to the surgery the first surgery I had done was a special test called a veeg (video e.e.g.) but instead of placing the electrodes on my head they drilled 7 holes in my head and placed electrodes in different areas of my head so they could pinpoint the main area that was triggering my sz. This is seldom done only in hard cases. You should ask your Dr. to do a veeg on you where you are in the hospital for a few days but the electrodes would be on the top of your head like a regular e.e.g. and you are on camera around the clock except when you are in the restroom by doing this the Dr. will have the sz. on video as well as see the spiking in your brain when you have a sz. The last surgery I had done only reduced my sz. but it was a great help to me and that was ultra sound brain surgery. I had to stay awake for most of the surgery except for when they cut into my head. The reason a person has to stay awake is because the Drs. are doing tests on you to make sure you can still feel, read and talk. I used to have over 300 sz. a yr. but the surgery reduced my sz. so I have had only 171 sz, at the most in one yr. and that was because I was under a lot of family stress at the time. What's even better now is the gamma knife surgey and it's a lot safer Drs. use high frequency radio waves and wipe out the brain damage. In many cases the person can go home the same day as they had surgery unless they us to much radiation then you have to stay overnight. This form of surgery is also used for people who have had brain tumors. I'm looking into having this surgery done in the future. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-24-2011)