View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Glenntaj,
Thank you for your reply. I have down loaded the Liza spread sheets and I'm filling them out. I agree that more tests should be performed. I hope to find a new Neurologist that is more proactive regarding my circumstances.

I have an appointment with my primary care physician next week. I will ask his opinion on this saying that I'm looking for a second opinion. Omaha has some very reputable medical facilities present and I'm hoping that there are doctor(s) available locally who specialize in PN.

As a side note, I plan on having a sleep study done. I suspect I have sleep apnea due to heavy snoring and waking up tired even after a getting more than 8 hours of sleep. My sister was recently tested and had a severe case. Suposedly one of the worst they had seen. I don't think this is my root cause, but every little bit helps in terms of finding a primary or secondary cause of this condition.

I'm still very interested in knowing how other people did after stopping alcohol consumption. In my earlier stages of awareness about a year ago or so I stopped drinking for a couple weeks and then started again. I didn't notice much of a difference when doing this. On some of the posts I have read about others who had worsening symptoms right after drinking only a single beer or glass of wine. This doesn't happen to me. I almost wish it did. I would then be sure what my primary cause of PN is.
karsten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote