View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default spontaneous CSF leak

Hey! I'm new to this forum, although I've visited before. Just wanted to see if there are others who have been dealing with a CSF leak. Seems this is a rare and often misunderstood/misdiagnosed condition. I'd like to find a doctor who is familiar with spontaneous CSF leaks and how to locate them. I started having intermittent headaches about 5 yrs. ago with the classic relief when lying down, I'm now 26 yrs. old. Last summer I was able to convince my neurologist to get me tested and get a bloodpatch. It was a horrible experience, I had 5 spinal taps before the doctor reasoned that he wasn't going to get any spinal fluid. It seems that my pressure was so low that there wasn't enough to take a pressure reading. So I finally go my bloodpatch, which seemed to work for about 5 mons., until slowly the headaches came back. I was scheduled for a CT myelogram (sp?) but cancled it after mysteriously having a week pain free...weird but I'm back to the usual headaches and will hopefully have the test next week. Has anyone had a similar experience? And if so what treatment has helped? Thanks!
jmilphoto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote