View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspennyloafer View Post
i really really hurt my bp doing a nerve glide where i turn my head and extend my arm from one side so i think its a stretch injury but would that give me scar tissue? my ROM is normal except for when my rib creeps up.

interestingly, back when i was in a lot of pain i couldnt straighten my arms out from my side without my elbow nerve being pulled.

my pt does this thing now where she works on my neck and my first rib then slowly straightens my arm out from my side (with my hand flexed back). i think its called the upper limb tension test(?)

something along that line. each time she does it my arm is going farther. whos to say though this is from what she does or time passing and my nerves healing and/or the magnesium i am taking.

i never hear anyone here discussing this technique so i wonder how much its going to help me.
how did you hurt yourself during a nerve glide? I do them everday 3 times a day and i get pretty vigourous at times and i think they are the main reason my neuro symtpoms have disspeared. Nerve glides create a clear path for the nerve to travel along they also help break up any scar tissue along the way as explained to me by a chiro. I feel a lil funny nerve feeling in my hands after a nevre glide lasts about a minute or 2 but when everything settles i feel good.
hellothere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote