View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 01:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My tickle nerves are gone too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlindeb25 View Post
I can see you tapping your feet together like Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz.I may try that the next time mine are buzzing.

I find nerves fascinating, just reading all the different views here. We are all very different yet the same. It's strange what we can't feel and even strager the things we can feel. I used to be very ticklish, not anymore. I was told that my tickle nerves have died, which is ok, I hate being tickled. Yet, if something is just barely touching my arm, it sends chills through me.

At least we all understand each other.
Interesting that I used to be extremely ticklish too Deb! Now I am so afraid to let anyone touch my feet, I wouldn't know if I was ticklish. Except for my neurologist, no one but me has touched my feet for five years! (Well, I'm not counting the times my granddaughter has stepped on my toes, or the times I've banged them into the table legs and broken my toes and not known it until I take a shower and see that my toes are purple! )

Also, I never used to be squeamish when I saw someone fall down, or have a cut. Now, when I see a cut or someone get hurt, the nerves in my feet get a surge of pain in them! It's really weird!

Peripheral Neuropathy Since 2004
Learning to give my mind and body the care and feeding it needs to serve me to the fullest, so I can continue to be here with my family and friends.
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote