View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 01:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for replying. I live in Washington state. I have a great RSD Dr, but he is not a neuro. I have been diagnosed since April, but the areas of pain keep growing. It started with an injury to the ulnar wrist. Heavy lifting and twisting. I went to several hand surgeons trying to find out what was causing the pain and how to fix it. I had several minor problems in my wrist, such as tendonitis, a bone cyst, a small tear, and chrondomalacia. There really wasn't anything to fix, because the pain was not where it was supposed to be. It was a struggle to find the right person to address the pain issues. Although I had 2 injections, the pain was worse than when it started 2 years ago.

Many years ago I was in a car accident, had whiplash, cervical strain, a few damaged discs and ligaments in my back and neck, and only recently have revisited the neck and back pain on the same side as my wrist injury.
I have not been diagnosed with TOS. I have had the nerve conduction study and everything was normal.
I am on Gabapentin and Memantine as I am allergic to antidepressants and lidocaine. I most likely will not be able to tolerate the opiates and other drugs, since I am very sensitive to medications, alcohol, and anesthesia. Very sick with general anethesia. 11 hours of vomiting...... with the last surgery. I am afraid of meds because I get very sick. It is a shame to have this condition because I will be hard to treat.
Thank you for your interest. It was very nice to hear from you.
Uncertain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote