View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Unhappy If I were you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBW2868 View Post
This is my first post and I need help. Adult male son(42) is addict with money but no job for a year. He is bipolar and recently informed us that he wants to die. He lives alone and says he does not want HELP. I spent all day yesterday answering his phone calls from jail after he was arrested for DUI at 730 AM. Police found no evidence of alcohol because he was on Zanax (? sp)
I am ready to take the tough love approach...not sure about my wife. What do I do?

I'd find the local AL-ANON group. Check local phone books or websites.

I know you said he's not alcoholic, but to some extent a drug is a drug. I'm an alkie. I'd been to AA & had heard of AL-ANON, was still drinking & was in denial about both groups. I was sicksicksicksick of my parents "interfering in my life" & in an alcoholic rage one day told them to "go to AL-ANON & get off my back!" They took my advice.

That was about 40 yrs ago. They played a huge part in getting the alcohol monkey off my back. I had to do it, but the tough love they learned in AL-ANON & support they got there saved their sanity & my life.

Please come back & let us know how everyone's doing.

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-20-2011), Dmom3005 (08-19-2011), Mari (08-19-2011), waves (08-20-2011)