View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, jimbo:

Thanks for your kind words.

It is great you have a very supportive wife. People with RSD need support, physical as well as emotional. Without this support from family, friends, coworkers, and doctors, it is so much harder to deal with this monster of RSD. You are so lucky to get such support from your wife. I do not have this chance: my parents scream at me so loudly that even the neighbors not living that close can hear their screams.

It seems that lots of people with RSD take Lyrica. I think Lyrica is an anti-convulsant used for RSD neuropathic pain. My neurologists refuse to prescribe Lyrica for me, claiming it is not covered by the public health insurance company. The truth is that I think they refuse to prescribe this medication for me, not because the public health insurance company does not cover it, but because it is a very expensive medication for this company to cover. The doctors always want to save the public health insurance company's money, without worrying about the harms that might happen to a patient not geting Lyrica when needed.

Narcotics, such as fentanyl and morphine, have always been effective against my RSD pain, but unfortunately not against the feeling of icy cold and the feeling of insects I described in previous messages. Anti-anxiety, anti-depressants, and anti-stress medications have always been totally ineffective for me, whether it is against the RSD pain and the feelings of icy cold and insects.

Quote: "She has also prescribed anti-depressants which I'm trying to avoid." You are right to do this; there are not that many RSD people who are helped by this type of medications.

Quote: "Like you, when everybody else is hot and needs the a/c on I'm cold and the cool air bothers my RSD." So I am not crazy and I am not the only person to feel this way. Has any of your doctors told you this feeling was caused by your being stressed or anxious? This is what my soon-to-be ex-cardiologist told me even though he does not know anything about RSD. He prefers to harm me by prescribing ineffective anti-anxiety and anti-stress medications (which, BTW, do not calm at all my anxiety and stress) rather than prescribing medications that would truly help with these icy cold and insects feelings I have had for a very long time now.

Quote: "When I go anywhere that's got a/c it bothers me." This is also the case with me. Since I am not the only worker in my bureau, I cannot turn off the a/c because the other worker in my bureau would complain of the heat. So of course, I just have to suffer and cry. Lately, I have been bringing my black sunglasses to the job so people do not see I cry or cried.

Quote: "But the worst is when I get the chills and feeling like the flue. Also sometimes my head shakes up and down like small convulsions." This is exactly what I feel also, among other feelings.

Quote: "Hope for better days..." This is the only hope I have left. If I cannot even hope for that, I can at least hope to die. Dead people do not feel pain or icy cold or insects.

"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-19-2011), fmichael (08-19-2011)