View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Guoteng Study Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
do you have a link to the trial? i am always skeptical until i read the original research report.
The original research report is available at **
This is clearly a successful research study of interest to all who suffer from PD. However, the abstract summary cited earlier oversimplifies the result by attributing the very positive outcomes to only one herb, guoteng. In fact, a closer reading of the report shows that guoteng is only one of 14 herbs used in the combination remedy administered to the research subjects.

The results are clear that a single dose of this remedy per day used as a supplement to one's current drug regimen yielded significant improvements in the incidence of Nonfluent speech, Vertigo, Insomnia/nightmare, Headache, Sweating or night sweats, Tiredness, Sense of cold, and Dysuria.

The combination remedy (Zeng-xiao An-shen Zhi-chan 2) used is referred to in several different ways -- its constituents are detailed along with a theoretical discussion of possible modes of action.

There are many products on the market which include the herb, guoteng. However none of these products have even a remote similarity to the combination of ingredients used in the study. I have searched extensively in order to find the combination but so far have had no success.

If anyone has found a source, please let me know.
midijim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote