View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Imahotep:

Quote: "I get the icy cold thing but for me it's more a distraction than a problem." Is it because your icy cold feeling is not strong? Mine is sooo strong I feel like I am naked in the North Pole, with liquid nitrogen being poured into my veins and arteries.

Quote: "It just feels like liquid nitrogen in a section of my arm for a while but there's no real pain and very little discomfort. I just ignore it." How lucky you are when you say this icy cold feeling does not cause you real pain and is responsible for very little discomfort. I wish I were like you.

Quote: "I find the creepy crawlies to be far worse. It just fels like a large insect crawling on the region between the RSD and the non-RSD (mostly on the torso). This isn't painful either but it's much more uncomfortable. Again, I try to ignore it." So, like me, you also have this feeling besides the icy cold one. I have absolutely no doubt it is the RSD causing these feelings, not some supposed anxiety or stress. Unfortunately, my feeling of creepy crawlies, also on the torso region and much worse, is sooo strong that it will not let me ignore it.

What the *edit*are these so-called, *edit* doctors waiting to prescribe something to control both these feelings? *edit* I just cannot imagine there are no medications in this world, not even one, to control both these feelings. It is just that these *edit* doctors do not want to prescribe them. They just want to wash their hands off of us. I swear, I will never, ever trust ANY doctor again, especially those doctors in French Polynesia which, BTW, is far from being a paradise for pain patients. Indeed, it is hell for RSD pain patients.

Quote: "It can be difficult but I find talking to people or thinking about something else usually will work." For me, it is impossible. No one wants to talk to me; no one cares about me. Thinking about something else does not work for me because I cannot concentrate long and well enough.

Quote: "The fear wants to take over sometimes." For me, it is just the sadness, despair, *edit*.

Quote: "I do try to look at the bright side of things but I guess today is one of those when it's more difficult." There is no bright side in my life because there is no love in my life.

Last edited by Chemar; 08-19-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: sorry, have to edit as per Neurotalk Guidelines

"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-19-2011)