View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
oohh ooohh. I took it out of the USB thingee and plugged it back in and a thing popped up saying it's REMOVABLE DISK K.

I assume that's my Flash Drive? I'm going to try copying and pasting SOMETHING.

Still trying to learn

lol

Melody
OOOHHHHHH I think I did it!! I initially copied the WHOLE My Pictures folder. It was indicating 9 minutes remaining. I didn't want to do that anymore so I clicked cancel. I tried deleting the icon that said MY PICTURES in the K thing but it's telling me that this is a system file and if I delete it my computer won't run so I stopped. It's still there.

Can I safely delete the MY PICTURES folder from the Flash Drive? Very confusing when it tells you "this is a system file, blah blah". I want to make sure I'm not deleting anything off of my hard drive.

Okay, so now Melody knows how to use a Flash Drive.

I copied Alan's Favorite Places (I had put an icon to this on my desktop) because I knew eventually I would get a flash drive.

So I also tested copying a file from the My Documents folder. I copied a banana muffin recipe.

So I now have a 4G flash drive. Don't know exactly how much 4G means but is it a lot?

And I have a lot of Microsoft Word documents. I also have a lot of wordpad documents but when I go to MY DOCUMENTS, it shows them all as W files (meaning Microsoft word right?)

What if my new computer does not have Microsoft Word? How do I transfer Word documents?

I know I can copy and paste them into Wordpad. Right? Then I just copy the whole Wordpad??

Oh, and when I clicked on the ALAN'S FAVORITE PLACES thing in my Flash Drive (I wanted to see what would happen), a whole bunch of programs came ups asking me which one I wanted to use to open this folder.

so when I do buy the new computer and I stick the flash drive into a usb port, how do I get Alan's favorite places to go to his FAVORITE PLACES??

I know you guys can do this in your sleep and when I know what I'm doing, I'll be able to do this in my sleep too but THIS IS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH FLASH DRIVES.

I don't want to accidentally delete ANYTHING.

Oh, this is so exciting I feel like I'm 20 years old.

ROFL.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-25-2011), Lara (08-21-2011)