View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 30 Plus Days of Misery

Today, I am still feeling pressure in my head, ringing in my left ear. It all started about 34 days ago - I began vomiting, felt as though I had the flu. I had never felt this sick in my life. About 10 days later, got this HORRIBLE headache; however, it would go away when I laid down. I saw two neurologists who prescribed me different meds, 1 hospital stay---diagnosed with "migraine".

I went days more with pain at home because I thought "hey, I have a migraine!" Thankfully, I listened to my body and went to a different hospital. I was told by a third neuro that I had what they call a csf leak. I was admitted, numerous tests ran (blood work, MRI, et cetera). The neuro asked me if I had any recent trauma...after jogging my mind realized the day before I became sick I saw a chiropractor who did the whole back and neck manipulation.

MRI never showed actual leak, but clinically doctors made the determination that I had one. One blood patch done, spent 1 week in the hospital, am home now but still feeling strange---pressure like feeling in head, and some pains which come and go, but thankfully I can stand an sit up without being in tremendous pain. I am only 29 years old, I don't smoke, I am healthy; going through this has made me appreciate life so much more. I am not sure if anyone has gone through what I have, but if you have I feel your pain. I might have to have another blood patch done, but neuro is giving me a week to see if I fully recover.
heidinicole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote