Thread: new to tos
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 04:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Does anyone with tos have elbow and forearm problems? I have neck, shoulder, and chest pain, but the worst pain is in my arm especially the inner elbow area. It feels hyper sensitive and burning at times and then other days it feels like my forearm is tight.
Yes! I get the tightness right where you described. I used to have it really bad when my symptoms were at their worst.

Many of my symptoms including that one, came down significantly after I started propping up my symptomatic arm in order to take weight of the collar bone in hopes of reducing the compression of the thoracic outlet. Results have been great, although it's an annoying habit to keep up.

Also, the Egoscue stretches helped me with various pains, especially the forearm, shoulder and pec minor.

Also, I now treat all such pains as warning signs that I'm headed in the wrong direction. So when my inner forearm by the elbow gets tight, or anything else, I do something:

- Scan for muscle tension and release it.
- Get up and pace.
- Or was I already up? Then sit down and relax.
- Change/fix my posture.
- Self massage or stretch.
- Take a break of any kind.

I've also started taking Magnesium after reading "The Magnesium Miracle" due to people in this forum mentioning this supplement.

So those are some things you can try.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote