Thread: B12 Deficiency
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 05:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--for any health related reason that I know of--B12 has no known toxicity level, as the body uses what it needs and excretes excess.

You may be creating some very expensive urine if your body is taking in far more than it needs, but that's the only caveat I would have.

I suspect that if you're taking 5000mcg/daily, your serum B12 level would be much higher than that if the lab that did the measurement uses a methodology that allows for higher values. (My last measurement was 1672. But I do heavily supplement, as you do. I often have to explain this to doctors.)

The real key, I suppose, is how do you FEEL at this dose? Are you having improvements?
I feel pretty good but I've developed a light red rash on my arms and legs, and thought I would stop all vitamins and supplements for a few days to see if it's an allergic reaction. I've also been following a gluten free diet for the past couple of days. The rash is not itchy but it's driving me crazy because I've had it about 2 weeks now. I have an appointment next week with my doctor.
Rosie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote