View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

yup that book is great for spasms!

if you go to a physical therapist (i wouldnt expect a massage therapist to know about this) let them tell you exactly how they would like to treat you, without giving hints or suggestions etc. if they dont touch your neck and mention first rib mobilization srsly just save your money and go somewhere else. if they mention starting on strengthening right away, RED ALERT GO SO PLACE ELSE.

it sounds hasty but most pts just dont get it.

also with doctors youre going to have problems getting a set in stone diagnosis. and the truth is, sadly, what good does it do anyways. the doctors can only recommend drugs or surgery. drugs (imho) only mask what's really going on. altho having a nice rx of muscle relaxers never hurt anyone, and surgery... it totally depends on your anatomy but my guess is since you have ehlers danlos your body will not take kindly to surgery. plus, in my case at least, surgery would be a very stupid idea. my scalenes and pecs are tight only bc the rest of my body is unstable. if you cut out those, i have no stability anywhere.