Old 08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart change

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
. no clue how to go about... no formal training. A friend said, "Sometimes you just have to follow your heart."

but it seems i have
NO GUTS
to let go and let that crystal current take you where it may....

why am i so afraid?
are most people as afraid as i am?

Dear Waves,

Some people are fearful of change. Others (like my undx'd bipolar brother) seem to relish it. Most are on the spectrum in between of course.

When I was quitting/ getting fired from a job in my late twenties / early thirties with no plan, a friend told me to "go build roads." That's how I remember it. I think he was telling me to move on, find something different, and be good enough at that next thing.

Sometimes we want to be good at the job when all we have to be is "good enough." We can focus on the other "very good" aspects of our lives and let the job be "good enough."

I don't have suggestions. I stayed in an apt complex for 14 years that was falling around me, had a shooting across the street that ended with an injured man on the ground under my window with the cop trying to talk to him before the ambulance arrive, problem neighbors, . . . .
I prefer less change to more change.

I have learned that when my body is talking I can listen.
Tune in to your body even more. Instead of intellectualizing the discussion, try to feel it.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-21-2011), BlueCarGal (08-20-2011), DiMarie (08-21-2011), Dmom3005 (08-20-2011), waves (08-20-2011)