View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Hi there..

I had 10 lumbar block procedures done but for the last 4 done they did bilateral blocks, consecutively the benifits seemed to wear off sooner on the right leg that had RSD origionaly.

The 4 blocks done for the other side on the other hand were slowly lasting longer with every block it seemed lasting longer and the sweating was prettymuch nonexistant for a while afterwards.

They were stopped because the right (compensable) side had stopped getting any benifit, so they pulled the plug on the treatments and the 3 month stay at the clinic was ended, shortly after that they plateaued me.

My understanding is that if the blocks stop benifiting or bring any worsening of your symptoms that they do not continue the treatment, that is what my doctor said.

There are types of RSD that do not respond well to blocks usualy right off the bat you and the dr would know, but some doctors want you to try 3 blocks then decide. For diagnostic purposes I believe it is used in some criterias for diagnosing RSD or was.

I did have a couple blocks that made me think I was just kidney punched and a few that brought along some freaky numness in alarming places.. but it was nice to have some relief from the noisy pain..

Hope this helps some,
take care
Sandra

Last edited by Sandel; 03-14-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: added a thought
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote