View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 06:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree that we need to come to terms with why we eat and make changes in our lives to eat the right things. I have been heavy all my life (since age 13) although never this heavy. I always managed to stay active and was a soccer coach and ran and played but with this injury my physical activity has come to a screeching halt.

I was just talking to hubby about a friend of his who had the gastric bypass 2 years ago and we were talking about how much he ate at lunch today. He lost over a hundred pounds but is still big and now he seems to eating a normal portion of food and I wonder if we don't get our eating under control should we even think of having surgery to fix it.

I am an emotional eater, I don't always eat because I am hungry in fact I am rarely hungry. I eat because it is there or I am bored, sad, depressed, or I am happy, excited or socializing. Food is like the center of my life and when we get together with friends it is centered around food and drink. I would like to be able to make different choices without even thinking about it. Yes I know it can be done but I have not done it yet.

I also wonder if having the mini GB would it make it easier to exercise and be physically active? When I try to walk or do any kind of exercise I am so sore and in pain afterwards that I don't make myself get up and do it the next day. Would having the GB and losing weight quickly cause less of a strain on our bodies that in turn would let us exercise more and turn things around?

Well that is my rambling for the day. Do I have any answers...obviously not. Am I ready to run out and get the mini GB--no. But I am also not turning my back on something that may give me a few more years on this planet...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote