View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 07:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh Calories burned with Ataxia & Dystonia together?

Anyone here with a condition that causes involuntary movements and know how many calories they burn roughly a day (with no exercise) just from the involuntary movements?

Please state if your movements are more like athetosis, constant tremor, dystonia/dyskinesia, chorea etc

I would say my disability resembles athetoid cp movement wise although I wasn't born with it (ataxia came first in early 30's) On a good day its quite mild I can manage most daily things independently, just physically slower than most people and movements very jerky (can type on communication aid and ipad, stand and walk for short periods with support, manage some wii fit exercises and passive trainer bike).

On a bad day I would say about moderate (several attacks of involuntary stiffening of arms and legs, struggle to keep balance to transfer/walk, arms shake more when trying to feed self, type etc) Anyone similar?

My weight/BMI needs to come down after was put on medications to control my symptoms and I've piled weight on. I'm trying to work out how many calories I will now burn without muscle relaxants etc to work out what my calorie input needs to be to lose weight.

Thanks

Kati
Katilea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote