View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--is take the sublingual B12 apart from any other supplements and apart from food by a couple of hours or so; it is very easy to interfere with passive absorption of the cobalamin molecule, which is the largest molecule our bodies regularly process.

I would think if you were taking methylated folate you would not need to take other folate, and thus avoid the problem you mention. Mrs. D will hopefully chime in on this next time she's able to get on-line.
I have found out when taking supplements especially the B-complex brands that folic acid is almost always bundled together with the other B vitamins. Based on this, it is not difficult to see why it might be taken together with L-methylfolate on a daily basis.

Also, I take dibencozide which is another active form of B12. My brand has a small amount of folic acid included with it.

I now take the B complex and the dibencozide together (400 + 200 mcg of folic acid) first thing in the morning. About 4-6 hours later I take the sublingual methyl-B12 and L-methylfolate together. I believe this will resolve any concerns.
karsten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote