View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Privacy and access

Like security and freedom, privacy and access are mutually desirable and mutually incompatible. For example, here I am a fellow MGer or CMSer or whatever we finally come up with and trying to contact a member here. I am having trouble navigating the site and understanding all the privacy controls in place. I post on another site where I have friends and as we all know, there is only so much energy in a day. I have given up a couple of times here but there is information that I would like to know and people I would like to meet. I have privacy concerns myself and unless the return is worth the risk, I hesitate and I am too new to weigh the benefits and risks of posting on this site. I finially decided this was a good topic to respond to since it spoke to my concerns. Although my grown children use Facebook, and I have been invited by others, I am always hesitant to take "free" offers. I know there has to be a money to support the network and random advertising is not going to do it. Young people don't have the same concerns. Access is more important than privacy until they experience the drawbacks personally and it is very difficult to exist on the net without making compromises. I don't have any deep dark secrets, or passionate lovers trying to find me that I want to avoid, but if I am going to run around in the nude, I would like to do it on just one site. Wishing
all of you only the best. Night crawler
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote