View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 05:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to our world. October 2005 was my evening of a complete change of who I am..or was. I can tell you that with time and calmness in your life, you begin to adjust and you know what you can handle and what you can't. I continued to work until 2009 when my boss, so frustrated with me (I have ALL the symptoms you described above) that he was yelling to the top of his lungs at me, I'm crying and finally he slams his fist into a wall. I resigned and have been working on coping with the 'new' me...I'll never be the smart, witty, outgoing, love of music and dance that I was before....coming to terms with loving quiet, calm, peaceful person I need to be now. I went as far as to move out of the city that I once loved but could no longer handle to the quiet of the north Georgia mountains, where the most noise I hear is the river which I find very calming. It is an adventure and path unknown to me but I'm a work in progress and you are too. You will find your path and yes things will never be as they were...a new path and a changed you.

You might want to check into a physician that specializes in Vestibular damage. I went to therapy for 5 years which has helped me cope with the vertigo like issues. I don't have insurance so I had to stop going but I learned a lot and I don't feel as though I'm loosing it when I have an episode.

Also, when you go for a Neuropsych BE SURE you go to someone who is familiar with brain issues due to concussion. My first exam by a neuropsych doctor made me feel as though I 'must be making this stuff up'. My second exam by a different neurophsych had an understanding of post concussion and has truly helped me A LOT. He has given me ideas on how to handle money (which is a problem now - not before) he is my lifesaver. Lots of luck on your adventure...and as always, this is the BEST place to be. This group has helped me understand and allows me to vent and also helps me laugh. It is a great place!
melek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JulieRN (08-28-2011)