View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I'm presently taking a high dose of Lyrica which does very well except during flare ups.
My neurologist is leaning towards adding narcotics but I want to stay away from opiates. Anybody got any suggestions?
My RSD started in my shoulder but it spread to my neck and my occipital area and I suffer from terrible headaches. For my head pain I use Fiorcet, which consists primarily of Tylenol and caffeine. But it can cause "rebound" headaches if you use too much of it. When my migraines get really bad I have Frova, which is a triptan.

I also take Topamax 200 mgs, Cymbalta 60 mgs, and Clonodine, .20 mgs., and Skelaxin, 800 mgs. The Skelaxin is for muscle spasms and if I use my arms a lot I will take an extra dose during the day ( I am written for 3 x 800 mgs day, I generally only take it at bedtime). Using my arms can cause headaches.

There is a newer med out called Nucynta. I take it when I need it. It is a pain med. In the opiate family. I also have Toradol, I need to inject that - which I totally hate to do. But when my head gets really, really bad it's fairly effective.

I also use a lot of Voltaren gel and Lidoderm patches.

Good luck, Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 08-22-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Forgot one med...
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-22-2011)