View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=JB63;798002]Hello and sorry to hear about your herniation. There is not much info out there on thoracic hernations as they are very rare, somewhere between .5 to 1% of hernations are in the T spine. From what I have read, surgery is very difficult and usually only done for life threatening situations. Non surgical pain management is the first line of treatment. Do you have other symptoms such as leg weakness, problems walking, problems urinating or with your bowels? These are what the docs follow before deciding on surgical intervention. The are informative threads here from those who had surgery right below this thread! I have a mixed bag with lumbar axonal nerve damage and a large herniation with mild cord pressure T6-T7.

Thanks For the reply. I think i have leg weekness because when i walk up the stairs my legs feel shakey.Or if iam carrieing like laundry they feel shakey! Iam pretty sure they are not aspose to feel like that!! I thought it just might be weekness due to my Previous Spinal fusion! Sometimes when i urinate it feels like you can't control the pressure. like to pee faster or slower!! I don't know maybe iam just imagining things.I also have athletes foot for two years know!! Can't get ride of it!! Also i keep getting a rash in my groin for the last two years! It last a week then aweek later it comes back again!! I read that spinal disorders can cause frequent Herpes Zooster!!
injrd back 1970 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote